The mission of the California Health Benefit Exchange is to increase the number of insured Californians, improve health care quality, lower costs, and reduce health disparities through an innovative, competitive marketplace that empowers consumers to choose the health plan and providers that give them the best value.
The California Health Benefit Exchange is guided by the following values:
- Consumer-focused: At the center of the Exchange’s efforts are the people it serves, including patients and their families, and small business owners and their employees. The Exchange will offer a consumer-friendly experience that is accessible to all Californians, recognizing the diverse cultural, language, economic, educational and health status needs of those we serve.
- Affordability: The Exchange will provide affordable health insurance while assuring quality and access.
- Catalyst: The Exchange will be a catalyst for change in California’s health care system, using its market role to stimulate new strategies for providing high-quality, affordable health care, promoting prevention and wellness, and reducing health disparities.
- Integrity: The Exchange will earn the public’s trust through its commitment to accountability, responsiveness, transparency, speed, agility, reliability, and cooperation.
- Partnership: The Exchange welcomes partnerships, and its efforts will be guided by working with consumers, providers, health plans, employers and other purchasers, government partners, and other stakeholders.
- Results: The impact of the Exchange will be measured by its contributions to expanding coverage and access, improving health care quality, promoting better health and health equity, and lowering costs for all Californians.